16 Aralık 2017 Cumartesi

From Me to Jack - Benden Jack'e

   Let's talk about The Highwayman Jack.

   The Highwayman Jack was nearly a kid, he was 17. Yet, his mind was as wise as a 50 years old politician. He robbed all the stores in his town, put fear in hearts of those who forgot to pull the curtains. His lust was for gold that was shiny as his blond hair.

   Innkeeper's daughter he loved. She was a sight to see, believe my words. "You're beautiful as an orphan child's sincere laughter." Jack said to her. She had nothing but fear in her heart for this young and handsome boy.

   One day, the innkeeper wanted to talk to Jack. He came with the hopes of marrying his daughter, only to find disappointment.

   Innkeeper said: "Boy, you put fear in everybody's heart, I know. I'm the only one who isn't scared of you. So, hear my words. Stop being a highwayman, nobody likes punks. Be a man, simple kind of man. You don't need lots of gold to be a man. All you need is to have honor. Maybe then, you can make my daughter Barbara love you. But if you come to see her as a highwayman ever again, I swear I'll send you to kingdom come with the greatest of ease. You got it, boy?"

   Two year passed, Jack did good. First, he turned into a good boy, and then a simple man. He even grew a mustache for the first time. He had a job down at the barbershop. With all goodness in his heart, Jack went to the inn. Found the innkeeper's daughter, fell onto his knees and said:

   "Barbara, I'm just a simple man now. I got a good job, I'm making enough money. I'll take good care of you and all our future kids. Marry me."

   "No." she said. And continued: "You can't make a heart love somebody."

   Jack's sorrow didn't last more than 2 months. He met another young lady and had two kids. He seemed much happier than his golden highwayman times. I guess, after all, a good family is all we need.


   "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I'll see y'all another time.








Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Yalancı Siyah

Gece yarısının iştah kaçırdığı dönemlerden birindeydi. Kadınının saçları siyah derdi herkese, yıllar evvel bir Çarşamba akşamı uzun tırnakl...