13 Eylül 2019 Cuma

Bury Me Not Far

This cursed city of mine
Betrayed me not a time.
She filled my belly and fixed me up a bed,
Poured me whiskey and some tears were shed.
My city is my jealous mistress.
I tried to leave her a thousand times
In my pocket, there were a few dimes.
And my soul was innocent
And tomorrow was promising.
I left and she cried
For my sorrows and blues.
She cried since I loved her not,
And none but her would mercy
To whom she longed for.
She called me back home,
I had no other choice.
She made love to me again,
Yet, I betrayed her once more and left.
On a cold night on some lonesome highway,
I stood as a man who had no one
With no place to go,
And not a soul to call.
Upon this merry world,
Not a dime of merriness
Or mercy was upon me.
I laid myself on the grass, at the gas station
And cried.
Lovers, and families and friends
Went by that gas station.
Wish they did not.
A few months passed,
My mistress called
And said: "Come home."
I said: "I have no love for you."
She said: "I know."
I returned to the arms of my mistress.
She never eased the pain,
Yet, she did not kill.
Now that I'm sure my grave
Will be shallow and abrupt,
Bury me not far.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Yalancı Siyah

Gece yarısının iştah kaçırdığı dönemlerden birindeydi. Kadınının saçları siyah derdi herkese, yıllar evvel bir Çarşamba akşamı uzun tırnakl...